Sunday, June 3, 2007

Last Sunday Church In English For One Year

Yep, today was the last church service on a Sunday morning in English for a year. It was bittersweet. My church family prayed for me at the end of the service and I was encouraged by their prayers. Prayers of physical healing for my stomach and my eye. Prayers of annointing to do the work Jesus has called me to in Yako. Prayers of strength. Words of encouragement that I AM NOT ALONE. No matter how alone I may feel, not only do I have Jesus who is more than enough but I have my church family who is supporting me, praying for me, loving me, sending me...Encouragement that Jesus made me for this mission; the blueness of my eyes a clue to my mission: bring the ocean of God's love to Burkina, a land locked country that sees little water. Encouragement that there is grace for EVERY day. It's not going to be easy, but there is GRACE.
Thank you to all of you who hold me before the throne of grace daily, or weekly, or whenever you think of me...words fail the gratitude I have towards you...

2 comments:

Stewart Family said...

I love you, Ami! I'll talk to you this week!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.